What We Need:
Ahrefs is looking for a Lead Data Scientist who is proficient in working with large amounts of data to extract all kinds of insights and regularities from it. We're also building our own models of calculating the ‘power’ of a web page and its likelihood of ranking high in search results.
- Good knowledge in a wide variety of advanced data analysis and machine learning techniques and experience in developing solutions in response to real-world business problems
- Proficient with programming languages such as Python and R
- Experience in scaling Machine Learning models related to Information Retrieval (Web Search in production is a huge plus)
- Experience in full stack data science is preferred
- Knowledgeable in Language Modelling, and experience with open source NLP library such as NLTK, Gensim, Spacy, Pytorch, etc.
- Experience with mainstream big data platforms such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience in Tensorflow, Theano, or other deep learning frameworks preferred
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar DB, and ability to conduct independent research utilising large unstructured data sets
- Knowledge on visualisation using open source tools
Who We Are:
Ahrefs runs an internet-scale bot that crawls the whole web 24/7, storing huge volumes of information to be indexed and structured in a timely fashion. Our backend system is powered by a custom petabyte-scale distributed key-value storage to accommodate all that data coming in at high speed. With this data, Ahrefs builds analytics services for end-users in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) space and a web-scale search platform.
We are a lean and robust team who strongly believe that better technology leads to better solutions for real-world problems.
Our motto is "first do it, then do it right, then do it better".
What you get:
- Competitive compensation package
- Informal and thriving work atmosphere
- [SG office] First-class workplace equipment (hardware & tools)
- Above-average perks and fringe benefits
Work location for this role could be: