What would you do if you knew the EXACT keywords that bring traffic to your competitors?
- Would you go and by some PPC ads, to see if these keywords convert into sales?
- Would you come up with an amazing linkbait piece of content around these keywords and outrank your rivals?
- Would you decide to take a different angle and dominate a niche that they haven’t touched yet?
I can’t advice you what exactly you should do with this information, because I don’t know all the ins and outs of your business.
But what I CAN do is show you a simple way to collect the information about the keywords that your competitors rank for.
How To Find The Keywords That Bring Traffic To Your Competition
NOTE: if you’re enjoying my “Oversimplified SEO” series I invite you to subscribe to Ahrefs YouTube channel.
Basically the short video above is entirely devoted to a simple yet very powerful tool that we have in Ahrefs toolset:
- We have an enormously big database of keywords (English only);
- And every day we check top 100 positions for each of these keywords;
- And then we give all that ranking data to you in a split of a second.
Honestly I can’t even imagine how much computing power is required to do all that, but I guess that is why we have so many talented developers in Ahrefs team (and we’re always looking for more, hint-hint).
PS: there’s a somewhat scary moment in this episode, so please be careful with it 🙂